Make a difference every day in the lives of our clients, while working with a supportive caring team who wants to help you succeed and grow. With more than 35 years of experience, AWT specializes in unique, innovative, and demanding label and packaging solutions for medical, industrial/OEM, food and beverage, personal care/health & beauty, household, and specialty markets. We are a growing company with an expanding national footprint, that you already interact with every day.
AWT’s South Elgin, Illinois facility is currently looking for a Customer Service Representative who will effectively communicate and interact with our clients to discover their needs, provide product information, work with production team to assure order requirements and timelines are met, provide clients new solutions to their business needs, assure inventories are maintained, resolve customer concerns, and work on special projects.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities (Note, activities that occupy approx. 80% of time):
- Primary contact between customer, planning, sales, manufacturing and scheduling
- Communicates with customer concerning job status as appropriate
- Documents all job changes and communicates accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensures that customer contact is satisfied with service and communication (internal and external)
- Initiates job orders and ensures that information included in the job order is complete and accurate
- Ensures that necessary information and data is provided for all functional areas as appropriate
- Updates computer with all changes to order in a timely manner
- Communicates agreed upon ship date to customer
- Controls customer owned inventory (materials and finished goods) communicating with shipping and customer to ensure that requests/orders for finished goods are processed in a timely manner.
- Employee is responsible for understanding and complying to the Food Safety Procedures and Policies that have been implemented in their job area or job function
Secondary Tasks and Responsibilities (Occupies balance of time):
- Provides documented feedback to sales and quality on any customer complaints to ensure they are addressed and resolved in a timely manner; follows through appropriately with customer to ensure that the customer knows we have taken the feedback seriously and are working to resolve them
- Ensures that the customer is asked the right questions to gather information needed for providing quotes and pricing and that the information is included on the request for quotes
- Communicates quoted price to customer in a timely manner
- Ensures that quotes are filed and easily retrievable; when possible, similar quotes should be referenced to assist the estimator/job planner
- Actively participates in the quality and process improvement initiatives
Skills/Abilities to Meet Job Requirements:
- Excellent communication (written and verbal and interpersonal skills
- Pleasant and professional phone presence
- Attention to detail; accurate with numbers, information, and documentation
- Strong follow up skills and the ability to problem solve with customers on business needs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong skills in Windows based software and Microsoft products
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED; secondary schooling a plus
- Printing background helpful
- Related service and relationship building experience helpful
- Position spends majority of time working in an office environment but does interact with the production team to assure client needs are being achieved.