Located on Industrial Boulevard and Highway 280 by Roseville, AWT has a long history of industry leadership and award-winning products and services. We are regularly recognized by our customers and industry organizations for our outstanding print quality and unmatched customer service. As employers we focus on the Guiding Principles of Integrity, Fairness, Teamwork, Stewardship, and To Have Fun!
AWT Labels & Packaging is currently looking for a Prepress Technician at our Minneapolis production facility focused on labeling and packaging conversion. Our Prepress Technicians are responsible for file preparation for final output.
- File preparation for final output, including correct assignment of colors, verifying size, and creating dielines, typesetting, proofing, and generating final files, plate making, file transfers, and preflight
- Maintenance and other duties associated with Prepress department
- Error free proof and plate making as dictated by daily production schedule
- Accurate file manipulation of customer supplied artwork, file transfers, and accurate time and material charges
- Activities related to design and customer service as directed
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives to ensure all jobs meet or exceed customer expectation.
Desired Skills and Qualities
- Professional communication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge of digital file manipulation
- Must be able to take direction and complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and understand priorities
- Attention to detail a must
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2-year technical vocational degree in graphic arts or graphic design
- Two years prepress experience in desktop publishing and plate making preferred
- Good Mac skills, proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Esko Software Suite.
- Familiar with QuarkXPress, Adobe InDesign,
- PC Windows based software and PSI a plus