Located on Industrial Boulevard and Highway 280 by Roseville, AWT has a long history of industry leadership and award-winning products and services. We are regularly recognized by our customers and industry organizations for our outstanding print quality and unmatched customer service. As employers we focus on the Guiding Principles of Integrity, Fairness, Teamwork, Stewardship, and To Have Fun!
Due to growth and increased capacity, we are currently looking for an Ink Technician who would be responsible for a broad scope of activities related to ink and ink management for the entire pressroom.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities (Note, activities that occupy approx. 80% of time):
- Estimate job ink usage, formulate, color match and correctly label inks prior to press production
- Create and maintain color standards for custom color match and color critical work
- Stage ink (pre-production) and return ink (post production)
- QC inks both entering and leaving the ink room
- Accurately track ink inventory and work to maintain an inventory level that is appropriate to meet our production needs and inventory goals
- Advise purchasing on inventory levels for ordering and/or setting appropriate consignment levels
- Work with Production Supervisors to ensure that Specials Materials Ink are addressed as needed
- Work directly with AWT ink suppliers on technical and color issues
- Work with Hand Drawdown tool to proof inks on roll materials
- Work with X-Rite Spectrophotometry and Formulation Software for color matching and ink formulation. (Extensive training will be provided)
- Work off old ink inventory whenever possible and practical
- Work directly with Press Operators and Customers on color matching and other ink issues
- Work with Ink Inventory software for materials tracking and ink formulation.
Secondary Tasks and Responsibilities (Occupies balance of time):
- Maintain the Ink Room in a clean, organized fashion in line with the principles of 5S and Lean Mfg
- Other activities as directed by Production Supervisors or VP of Operations
Physical Job Demands:
Able to lift up to 50 lbs above head level as needed. Must be able to be on feet for 8-12 hours at a time
Skills/Abilities to Meet Job Requirements:
Able to work in a busy production environment, maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail; able to work in an organized, responsible manner with little to no supervision; able to plan ahead for jobs with special requirements, large jobs and production work that will occur over multiple shifts; desire to learn; some basic computer skills or willingness to learn.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School diploma – OR equivalent GED preferred. Experience working with water-based, UV and solvent inks a must; 5+ years flexo experience preferred; press experience preferred but not required.