AWT specializes in unique, innovative, and demanding label and packaging solutions for medical, industrial/OEM, food and beverage, personal care/health & beauty, household, and specialty markets. More than 35 years of experience has taught us a few things and helped us to become the leading provider of custom packaging, labeling, and converting solutions in the country. From eye-catching consumer labels to medical device applications that can stand up to sterilization, we have a unique blend of precision processes, quality systems and research-based ideas to meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
Effectively procure raw materials and supplies for the manufacturing process, meeting or exceeding corporate objectives and customer expectations. Interacts with manufacturing and sales as well as with external customers and suppliers.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities (Note, activities that occupy approx. 95% of time):
- Orders raw materials and supplies to ensure timely delivery to meet customer requested ship dates
- Verify that pricing is accurate on all purchase orders through purchase order acknowledgements from the suppliers
- Ensure the right materials are provided to Manufacturing as defined by Planning;
- Ensure that inventory levels meet corporate objectives
- Commit material to jobs for production scheduling
- Works to best utilize inventory on hand when placing orders – considering available widths while maximizing production efficiencies
- Coordinates “Gang Jobs” where applicable;
- Order Shop Supplies as requested by internal departments, Production, Pre Press, Packaging
- Provide timely and accurate communication of delivery schedules to Scheduling, Manufacturing, Planning, Prep, Customers, Suppliers
- Review and update monthly consignment
- Works close with receiving on follow up activities for late PO’s or other discrepancies
- Submit Supplier Corrective Actions (SCARs) and follows up as appropriate for root cause and credits
- Other duties as assigned
- Follows ISO SOP’s as trained
Secondary Tasks and Responsibilities (Occupies balance of time):
- Participates in quality improvement process and other miscellaneous projects as requested.
Physical Job Demands:
This position spends a majority of their time at a desk working on the computer and telephone.
Skills/Abilities to Meet Job Requirements:
Attention to detail; accurate with numbers and information; excellent analytical skills; good organizational skills; good communication skills; excellent problem solving skills; good work ethic and ability to work within a team environment; ability to work with changing priorities and deadlines; familiar with PC and Windows programs, PSI software experience preferred; technical strength a plus;
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent GED; secondary schooling or printing background helpful; narrow web flexo label experience preferred.