Global Beverage Company Uses Automated Labeling Solution to Apply Labels at a rate of 800 Bottles per Minute
A large global beverage company was having issues with their product’s pricing label not being applied to the product in the retail environment as was expected. This allowed the retailer to charge more for the product, which ultimately led to a decline in sales. In this highly competitive market, the beverage company realized that they needed to do something quickly to regain their share of the market and increase sales. To do this, it required that they take control of the label application to ensure that the right price was being charged for their product.
- Accurate pricing was not effectively being communicated to the consumer
- High speed labeling equipment would be needed to apply the labels directly in the bottling line process, without slowing it down
- The labeling equipment needed to fit within the current production line footprint
- The labels needed to be applied at a high rate of speed of up to 800 bottles per minute
Equipment integrators TEAM Systems asked AWT to research and develop a label construction that would perform on their recommended high speed labeling equipment that operated at 400-800 bottles per minute. A construction was identified that would allow this in-line process to run at optimum speed without interruption.
With the collaboration between TEAM Systems and AWT, a winning solution was developed for this global beverage company. The high speed labeling equipment operates at their bottling line production speed without any slowdowns and the label construction performed without misfiring or mislabeling.
The Bottom Line
- The integrated high speed labeling solution (equipment and label construction) enabled application run speeds to exceed 800 bottles per minute and operate in a manner that does not impact their production flow
- The in-line application provides assurance that the beverage price point is correctly being marketed in the retail channel
- The Global Beverage Company has seen significant savings from avoiding the distributor or retailer having to hand apply the labels