A global, broad-based health care company dedicated to advancing patient point-of-care testing and diagnostic technology.
Our client came to Label Innovation with the following challenge:
- To manufacture a precision rubber component for a blood analyzer
- To increase efficiency by reducing rubber waste
- To streamline the converting process and increase yield
We start with a roll of rubber.
- Rubber component is die cut to a circular diameter thickness of 0.037 inches (initially 4 components across on the rubber roll)
- Rubber is processed, laminated, slit and centred into projector reel
- Final product is assembled for use in production equipment
- Using innovation we developed a way to go from 4 across, and through continuous process improvement, up to 11 across
- Same amount of raw material rubber converted into final product with less waste
- Substantial savings!
- Because our component parts are closer together on the rubber roll, we had to develop an innovative way of scalloped slitting
- Client now requires 58% LESS material to produce the same amount of final product!
- Another happy business partner!