Fortune 500 Industrial manufacturer utilizes AWT’s print on-demand program to manage extensive private label business
A Fortune 500 Manufacturer produces industrial buffing and cleaning pads that require 1,500 different label SKUs based on a variety of sizes, brands and applications. The manufacturer faced difficulty when it came to managing the printing and storage of this high volume label program.
- The customer would be required to consistently store numerous pallets of preprinted label stock in their warehouse
- The customer would need to purchase a new color printer
- The customer would need to hire one or two full-time employees to operate the new printer
Using the variable printing capabilities of AWT’s digital print workflow, the customer’s 1,500 label SKUs are now printed on-demand. The customer can order their labels on a weekly or monthly basis, and orders can be shipped in five days or less. This workflow greatly reduces the need for inventory.
AWT’s on-site team developed a process that allows the customer to develop new SKUs and artwork through AWT, store artwork at AWT, and order labels just-in-time in an efficient manner through this program.
The Bottom Line
- The customer has eliminated the need for one full-time employee resulting in a cost savings of $50,000 annually
- The customer has significantly reduced the risk of waste from obsolescence by avoiding the purchase of preprinted labels equal to $75,000. This has also allowed them to expand their throughput capacity.
- The customer has eliminated their need to purchase the equipment to print their SKUs valued at $50,000