Innovative Leader utilizes AWT’s Internal Resources to Streamline Compliance Process
An innovative leader in the bakery goods industry was looking for a source to accommodate frequent copy changes on ingredient and nutrition panels within a very limited notification window. Due to the fluctuation in consumer demand, forecasting these changes was nearly impossible and quick action needed to be taken. In order to meet the rigid compliance requirements, a high attention to detail was necessary while turning around the product in a short period of time.
- Orders require quick lead times
- Frequent, and sometimes numerous, copy changes
- Five levels of copy approval required to get the necessary changes made
AWT implemented a direct communication line between their in-house graphic designer and the customer’s regulatory compliance associate. This direct line allowed for the elimination of additional levels of communication and expedited the process for changing copy while maintaining control of active and obsolete plate files. Through the conversion of conventional files and plates to digital files and plates, AWT was able to reduce the turnaround time and streamline the entire process.
As a result of AWT’s dedication to helping their customers, the compliance process has been streamlined and rapport has been established.
The Bottom Line
- By converting the conventional files and plates to digital formats, the production turnaround was reduced by more than 50%
- Through the elimination of three levels of communication, there has been a significant reduction in copy errors